Updates, News, Service Updates
To ensure we provide the safest experience available for our staff and customers, we are making some adjustments to the experience.
No Mask, No Ride
- We are all responsible!
- In compliance with Gov. Cuomo’s mandate for New York, we require face covering/masks at all times, including staff. Passengers are responsible for their own masks. Those who remove or refuse to wear face covering may be refused service.
- We are ramping up our cleaning procedures, disinfecting boats, common areas and bathrooms between trips.
- New safety measures have been implemented, including the installation of conveniently located hand sanitizer stations and additional ticket collection stations with plexiglass separations. Our valet parking service will have dedicated sanitizing products available, including sanitizing wipes.
- We will be managing the passenger and luggage capacity on all our ferries. Our captains will evaluate and coordinate capacity decisions with our management team. We will continue to monitor ridership and plan to adjust our schedule, as needed. For freight guidelines, learn more here.
- All passengers and staff are encouraged to abide by the CDC recommended social distancing (6-feet separation), whenever possible. As a mass transit service the ferries are not required to but will limit capacity on ferries. Knowing this, please be responsible when considering your own safety and make the decision that is best for you and your family.
- Private water taxis to Fire Island are available for hire.
We Are Here To Help
We are committed to doing our best to ensure the health and safety of our passengers and staff, and ask that you all work with us to do the same. Please be mindful of your safety and the safety of those around you. While we are eager to serve you, we do recommend that non-essential travel to/ from Fire Island be limited for the time being.
And finally, we thank you all for your patience, support, and loyalty. It has been our privilege to serve you and we will continue to deliver the best experience we can to our Fire Island communities, businesses, and friends. We are in this together.